The school is located on North Carlisle St. It has been a military school since 1919 and is the oldest of its kind in Pennsylvania. It was originally founded as the Bloomfield Academy in 1837. Later owned from 1914-1921 by Theodore K. Long, it was renamed as a memorial to his son, William Carson Long. The first building "The Maples" was completed in 1840. The large campus educates young men grades 6 through 12 with an emphasis on military discipline.
New Bloomfield Elementary
The school is located on West High St. The curriculum consists of grades K thru 5.