The school is located on North Carlisle St. It has been a military school since 1919 and is the oldest of its kind in Pennsylvania. It was originally founded as the Bloomfield Academy in 1837. Later owned from 1914-1921 by Theodore K. Long, it was renamed as a memorial to his son, William Carson Long. The first building "The Maples" was completed in 1840. The large campus educated young men grades 6 through 12 with an emphasis on military discipline. Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances and low enrollment, the school was closed in 2018.
New Bloomfield Elementary
The school is part of the West Perry School District located on West High St. The curriculum consists of grades K thru 5.